Yodel is a well-established British parcel carrier that works with both corporate and individual clients sustaining the top-notch quality of service. Yodel couriers do their best by delivering parcels within 2-3 days across the entire United Kingdom including islands around.
The history of Yodel UK
The story of Yodel starts in 2005 when it was established as the Home Delivery Network. In 2010, the company started a partnership with B2B and B2C companies and DHL Express UK and was renamed as Yodel. The new brand first appeared as the sponsor of Tour of Britain (a famous UK cycling event).
In 2011, Yodel launched the new advanced sorting center Wednesbury, which enabled the carrier to process numerous B2B and B2C parcel and triggered its quick growth. Yodel head office is now located in Liverpool.
Yodel shaw hub
A year after, Yodel domestic network was extended by integrating DHL Express UK. In 2013, the company won the ‘Going the Extra Mile’ award from MetaPack Awards. In 2014, the carrier has launched the Yodel Foundation to raise money for charity in different spheres, including cancer care, retail trust, and employee support. That made the company one of the most employee-friendly services of UK. It also gained the CCA Excellence Award for great customer care.
Since 2015, Yodel continues getting prestigious awards and extending its delivery network on the territory of UK.
Services provided by Yodel courier
Working with medium and large-scale corporations, Yodel provides a wide range of shipping services across the UK, including the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and Ireland. The list of services includes:
- Yodel Express – a standard shipping that’s performed by the dedicated courier network with the help of vans. Xpress delivery takes 1-2 days for small and medium packages.
- Yodel Experience – a special service for retail brand customers who need seamless user experience and exceptional delivery dates. Customers are free to specify their requirements up to the point of delivery.
- Yodel Expert – this is a service for customers with special needs. It comes with additional care and is recommended for high-value items, exchange & BFPO services.
- Offshore delivery - Yodel shipping to the Isle of Man, Ireland, and the Channel Islands takes 2-3 days only.
what time do yodel deliver
Do Yodel deliver on Sundays? No, the weekend delivery is available on Saturdays only.
Aside from fast transfer, users can enjoy Yodel Expect service: this is a 2-hour delivery window notification. It’s convenient for users expecting small and medium-sized parcels shipped as soon as possible. Inflight option allows users to control the delivery process at every stage Customers can set up their preferences and select from a variety of options.
Advantages of Yodel parcel carrier
What makes Yodel number one carrier in the UK?
- The Inflight technology allows setting up shipping preferences right to the point of delivery. It makes service highly flexible and convenient.
- Users can manage and track their orders using Yodel mobile app with an intuitive and simple interface.
- ‘Have Your Say’ unique feedback program gathers over 4,000 Yodel reviews daily, which helps the company improve its service.
- Aside from numerous Yodel pick up offices, there are three major sorting centers in Shaw, Hatfield, and Wednesbury.
Tracking Opportunities: Yodel email notifications & real-time reports
One of Yodel’s strong sides is advanced parcel tracking service. How users manage their orders? First, they can use the tracking ID on the main website: it’s pasted in the tracking number window. Note that Yodel’s numbers start with (JD), (UPI), (YCR), or (CID) letters – it depends on the service selected. YA user doesn’t have to log in the personal account to find the number: it’s sent to email, via text messages, and provided in the call card that’s left on user’s address.
Thanks to Inflight service, customers can rearrange the shipping details and select the Yodel local service centre to pick up their delivery when they want.
Additionally, parcels can be tracked with the help of third-party services, such as k2track.com website. Only the tracking code is required to define the location of the parcel.
What makes Yodel one of the best British postal services is fast delivery coupled with decent customer support and high-end tracking functions. Customers enjoy both Yodel direct delivery and offshore shipping – it takes a few days only.
Yodel can be highly recommended for corporate UK customers because the carrier boasts a high order processing speed thanks to three advanced sorting centers. However, individual customers can reap a few extra perks, too. The mobile app facilitates order management and a 2-hour delivery window allows picking up the parcel just at the moment of delivery.